THE PASSION FOR PIZZA
In 1917, Costanio DeLucia, an Italian Immigrant, opened a break bakery on First Ave in Raritan.
In the early years, horse and buggy delivered the bread to Raritan and other towns as far away as Martinsville. In the 1930's, pizza was added to the menu.
By the early 1950's, pizza popularity in this country grew so large that DeLucia's converted to an all pizza menu.
DeLucia's continues to make pizza in the original brick oven. Third generation Joseph "Buddy" & Allie oversee the pizzeria, and his son, Christian currently owns and runs the business.
A quick calculation estimates that over three million pizzas have been made throughout the years.